PDA

View Full Version : Is audio scrubbing is different in 11.5?

Ryan Roye
07-11-2013, 10:11 PM
When I'm doing lipsyncing, when I use LW 9.6 the audio plays clearly when I press the left/right arrow keys.

Since transitioning to 11.5, I've noticed that lip syncing is a bit harder to do due to audio scrubbing differences.

IE: with fixed frequency on, when I press left/right I get an echoing playback, which makes it much harder to get the sound synced up with the visuals.

With fixed frequency off, it is slightly better, but it plays in a distorted low pitch.

In 9.6, when I scrubbed the timeline it would play the audio exactly as I would expect it to sound without any echoing or distortions.

Is there some kind of new setting or something I'm missing or is this a known issue?

pinkmouse
07-12-2013, 02:24 AM
Can't comment about the differences between 9 and 11, (as I went from 4.5 to 11.5 :) ), but on the 120MB scene with heavy use of Bullet Dynamics I'm working on at the moment, audio scrubbing is very patchy. I just put it down to the complexity of the scene, but you're certainly not alone in noticing it.

Ryan Roye
07-12-2013, 08:31 AM
No its definitely not like that, I'm going to have to make up a video and Fog it, unless there's some secret setting that has changed how audio plays back that isn't in the scene editor.

Ryan Roye
07-12-2013, 09:40 AM
This is what I'm talking about. It makes audio scrubbing nearly useless and I'm finding myself having to go back to LW 9.6 just to sync up my animation to the audio.

http://youtu.be/hGZ4TpL-d2Q

DETAILS:

-Ver 11.5.1 Build 2525 (Win64) 12-Jun-2013

-Windows 7

-FILES USED: Wav, Mp3, at various quality settings. I've tried mono/stereo

-I am using the latest audio drivers available.

-Fixed frequency scrubbing produces an echo, non-fixed frequency produces heavy distortion (in places where it should not be present, like pressing left/right to move playhead).

nickdigital
07-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah I just tested this too, audio in 11+ sounds warbled.

I say submit a scene with an audio file to FogBugz.

Ryan Roye
07-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Yeah I just tested this too, audio in 11+ sounds warbled.

I say submit a scene with an audio file to FogBugz.

Submitted... I hope this is something that gets some quick treatment as this pretty much forces me to do dialogue-driven animation in LW 9.6.