PDA

View Full Version : Need help modeling a bullet...

laxster08
11-11-2003, 02:47 PM
ok i'm pretty new with lightwave and i have been playing around with it for the past couple of days....the thing is i'm not very good at modeling..i was wondering how to model a bullet...and then how to model the bullet trails in the matrix..and how to put it ontop of a movie...is this even possible..i'm sure there are already threads like this but ican't find ne...thanks alot guys

-ant

gjjackson
11-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Not trying to sound brash, but it would be quite simple using a disk and the extrude, bevel, move, taper, etc. etc. If that type of model gives you trouble I suggest going to the newtek tutorial site and there are tons of tutorials on many things. To start with it probably wouldn't hurt to go through step by step tutorials in order to get familiar with the different tools and what they can do. No matter what you're modeling there are many ways to go about it.

http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/index.html

This should get you started. The more you learn the more fun it is.

SamuraiSlayer
11-11-2003, 07:43 PM
ok, i just made this bullet, used some subpatching, made it yellow-orange, set diffuse to 15%, reflection at 90%, used a picture of a street/house for reflection, and I attached it to this message as a zip file, (you are using the windows version, right?) It's not perfect but it is smooth and it has the whole bullet shape. I didn't feel like making a tutorial so just learn from my model...