PDA

View Full Version : How to make backgorund disappear in power point

dmitri_vaganov
07-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Hello, I am feeding a power point presentation via network input into Tricaster 40. It has black background and white letters. Is there anyway to make black background disappear or become tranparent so I can overlay letters over camera shot?

Thanks

Buddy.Hannon
07-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Just make your slides as 24-bit .png files and bring them into your graphic bins. Or use Live Text to make your graphics.

kanep
07-10-2013, 02:15 PM
This is hard to do on the TC40 with a black or white background. On TC455 and higher systems there is an additional keyer parameter called 'Luma Limit' that would make this easier to do. You would select black as your key color, set the tolerance low (like 5), smoothness to zero, and the luma limit around 40 to 60 and it would knock out the black but leave the white text.

If you can edit the PowerPoint slides, put a green or blue background behind the text, then you can use the chroma keyer to knock out that color and it would come out pretty good.

dmitri_vaganov
07-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. The power point is also used on the screen for the church service, so making the background green or blue is not an option. I guess I would have to do A over B option. I just don't like any A over B sets that come with the Tricaster.