PDA

View Full Version : Impressive Blender Archviz and course

djwaterman
07-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Andrew Price's latest tutorial course has some nice blender work in the promo video. Not trying to promote it just some nice renders in there to get inspired by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sbElF7g1jf4#at=223

Lewis
07-10-2013, 08:11 AM
beautiful renders and it looks like great course. Only not sure is how sucessfull will it bi considering 495/595$ in FREE app.

50one
07-10-2013, 08:49 AM
beautiful renders and it looks like great course. Only not sure is how sucessfull will it bi considering 495/595$ in FREE app.

It's a tough question I think, when you consider the amount of people using blender at pro level, then the ROI might be low, but it may be appealing to some studios looking to reduce their cost while using legit software, but then most architectural offices don't care about the price of software and most of them are fully Autodesk-only and a standard in arch-viz rendering Vray. Hope I'm wrong but I don't think it will be much successful, probably few sales and then after some time pirated version in every corner of the internet. But maybe that's the point, higher price to compensate for fewer sales?

Ryan Roye
07-10-2013, 12:30 PM
No reason not to learn Blender at this point (even if you only ever use a few of its features), and Lightwave users have a lot to gain from its strengths.