PDA

View Full Version : iPad/iPhone mirroring

ViaChristiMedia
07-03-2013, 01:56 PM
I REALLY need the iPad 3 to mirror to the TC 455. I work at a hospital that is developing iPad apps for the docs and other professionals to use, and am developing training materials and promo materials. I need to mirror the iPad to a picture-in-picture - dual box scene where the instructor is demoing the functions

Any hope that this will ever come about? Is it an Apple issue with rights and licencing - or a Nwetek issue with product development.

An "iVGA" like app for the iPad would be a god-send. The apps are not "air-Play" apps - like KeyNote "slides" - they are true "fill-in-the-blank" medical charting apps that bring up lab vaules and x-ray images of patients as the docs make their morning rounds . . .

Phil Omenski
[email protected]
Wichita, KS

PIZAZZ
07-03-2013, 03:21 PM
You do know you can use an Apple TV to receive the mirrored output of your Ipad right now? Then take the HDMI into a HDMI to SDI converter to feed your TriCaster.

I agree it would be a nice thing to have functional. From what I have been told, NewTek is working on it but no ETA.

kanep
07-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Any hope that this will ever come about? Is it an Apple issue with rights and licencing - or a Nwetek issue with product development.

Apple doesn't license Airplay. So it really a 'you have to reverse engineer it and figure out how it works issue'.

As mentioned, many people use an AppleTV with a converter in get that signal into a TriCaster. I've also used a program called 'AirServer' that is available for PC/Mac that will allow you to use your PC as an Airplay Mirroring target, then use iVGA Pro to get that into the TriCaster. AirServer is only $15 so its a bit cheaper if you already have a PC that you are using with iVGA and doesn't use up an input.

http://www.airserver.com/

ViaChristiMedia
07-08-2013, 10:49 AM
So the airserver will mirror everything on the iPad? Even all the apps that are not "airPlay" enabled ? That would be a great quick fix.

I'll also look into the Apple TV - but it looks like this would be the way to go - - thanks for your suggestion !

kanep
07-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Yes, with AirPlay Mirroring turned on you will see your iPad 'desktop' and whatever is running on it. I've heard that some apps can still force themselves not to be displayed through AirPlay Mirroring (I think that HBO Go is one example), but it should work with the majority of apps.

Audio also works through AirPlay Mirroring as well, and with AirServer running with iVGA Pro on a PC you can get both the video and audio into your TriCaster (I tried it with Angry Birds as a test).

stanarthur
07-31-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm doing the Apple TV through a camera input maneuver on a TC40. My presenter is playing PowerPoints with embedded video from his iPad Mini. Here's an example:

http://gpiis03.law.stetson.edu/media/on-demand/llm_advocacy/online_llm_fall_2013_006.mp4