PDA

View Full Version : rendering NTSC

fabmedia
11-11-2003, 11:39 AM
I have a project coming up that I need to output to DVD for display on a TV. That's the easy part. My questions lies in rendering out the frames. If I was to composite my renders (which I will have to do) using a compositing package and then edit using a video editing package, do I need to render interleaved frames. I read somewhere that you don't need to render the interleaved frames because that will screw up the quality of the image.

Now another is whether compositing editing software will convert and export the images to interleaved frames.

Should I do even or odd first, and or render larger than 720x480? I also hear reader at 60 fps.

Oh boy...

Thanks,
Arlen

Zarathustra
11-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Standard is 720x486 D1.

I always finish in AFX at 29.97f/s.

Do you know what it'll be edited on? That will dictate the compression/interleaving.

I never do interleaving in LW - I apply it in AFX.

If in doubt, just deliver an uncompressed Quicktime or Targa sequence.

Beamtracer
11-12-2003, 10:37 PM
I never render interlaced (field rendered) footage in Lightwave.

I'd suggest you render progressive (no fields). If you really want fields you can double the frame rate (if you have time) and convert it in After Effects.

Film looks good at only 24 frames per second. Once you get used to it you might experiment with fields, but it's not compulsory.