PDA

View Full Version : Drop Tool + Deselect All (well selections in general)

probiner
07-03-2013, 07:37 AM
There's have been some thread about this and all inconclusive, especially because of the lack of edge access through LScript.
If I just want to drop the tool I usually press Space bar and it drops then I have to press another hotkey to drop the current selection, then if I want to really clear all selections I have to run SelSwitch three times (since the current selection is empty it clears the others when I switch through modes), not very clean.

It is fine to keep the selection most times, since one would want to keep editing that area, but the space bar works just fine for that. Not so good if you want to move to something else.

For this particular example some command with the executions below would do

A
-Drop Tool
-Deselect All (Current Mode)

B
-Drop Tool
-Deselect All (All Modes)

This is just a facet of what many request for ran commands that they drop the selections, like Connect, Bridge, etc.
Maybe there could be a modeling mode one could enter that at the end of each script of plugin ran it would drop the selection.

Selections LightWave need quite the update. From undos to small things that could more streamlined.

Someone noticed that there is no double click in any default modeler operation. It could be useful in situations like:
-Double-click polygon: Select polygons island
-Double click neighbor edges/polygons: Select Edge/Polygons Loop.
-Double-click opposite edges: Select Edge Ring
-Double-click polygon in the UV space: Select UV Island.

Cheers

Hail
07-04-2013, 05:28 AM
I think it would be cool if this is made a toggle that can be turned on and off as and when needed

GraphXs
02-20-2016, 08:03 PM
I'm trying to do this with LScript. Do you know a lscript command to drop a tool? That really sucks about edges not having a LS command.

Snosrap
02-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Someone noticed that there is no double click in any default modeler operation. There is a double-click deselect. :) But yes - some workflow improvements with selecting would be a godsend. I vote for some kind of pattern select other than the Select Nth that we currently have, something that will just pick up on your current selection routine.

erikals
02-22-2016, 04:33 PM
again, use AHK (...or similar)

#+d ;---press win/shift/d---
send, /
send, {Space}
send, /
send, {Space}
send, /
send, {Space}
return

...something like that...