PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 11.5.1 and Zbrush 4r6 Mac, any suggestions.....

moremetall
07-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Hi !
Having problem to get the GoZ function to work between Ligtwave and Zbrush. Any hint to get it to work, did find some suggestion on the forum and you tube but nothing seams to work. Booth modeler and layout freezes when pressing the Goz button. ( new to Zbrush , did invest in it today :))

lertola2
07-02-2013, 01:53 PM
In zbrush do you have the proper path setup to modeler and layout (zbrush - preferences - goz - path to Lightwave Layout)?

moremetall
07-02-2013, 09:51 PM
In zbrush do you have the proper path setup to modeler and layout (zbrush - preferences - goz - path to Lightwave Layout)?

I could not find anyway to set up the path, I only have options for 4 applications and non for Lightwave, is there som manual way to set up the path?

Did find that this has been an issue by others as well, did try what was suggested without any progress:
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?125446-GoZ-Question

It looks like the problem lays on the Zbrush side and not Lightwave.....

brownie
07-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I've struggled against this issue yesterday morning, and I could finally make it work.
Here is how :
-I've changed ALL permissions in the public/pixologic folder (to read-write including subfolders)
-I've double-clicked on each little apps in Public/Pixologic/Goazappas/LightwaveLayout (and /Modeler)

Finally it worked

VonBon
07-03-2013, 10:55 AM
i think i read somewhere that duplicate folders are being created when installing
the new version of ZBrush and that one needs to be deleted or you need to redirect to
the correct folder. (not sure though)

moremetall
07-05-2013, 05:00 AM
Thanks for all feedback, did manage to get it to work after changing all permissions as suggested by brownie.