PDA

View Full Version : Lights excludes not being respected....?

cg-qbit
07-01-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi all,

I am encountering a strange issue with the light excludes, for a scene I have built. Basically i have a scene with lots of gemstones, which are in settings. I have set an area light to rear light the gemstones for added sparkle so that the gemstones are much more vibrant, exlcuding all the other objects in the scene, however the area light doesn't seem to respond to the excludes. I am rendering using both caustics and GI (monte carlo). Am i missing something?

cg-qbit
07-01-2013, 07:23 AM
right i have just run a quick belts and braces test to see if it was me not doing something, and the result is the same! The image posted has a scene with 2 area lights. the light from frame right is set to exclude the sphere however doesn't. ???? this is rendered from 11.5 64bit

cg-qbit
07-01-2013, 08:04 AM
quick update... it appears that cauctics do not respect light excludes!!?? (they really should!!!)

jwiede
07-03-2013, 10:19 AM
There's something funky with the exclude states for objects. Shine a bunch of lights at an object from different directions, then go into its light exclude panel and start toggling them. Eventually you'll get it such that lights where exclude _isn't_ checked appear to be excluded, and vice versa (at least here on Mac). I'm putting together a screencast to file with the bug.

cg-qbit
07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Thats more to add!! I had lodged this as a support request, with just the issue of caustics not respecting light excludes, it's now been kicked up to a bug report as well. I reckon it might be an idea for us to get a clear range of issues that need addressing with this part of lightwave as the dev teams are looking into this now. The more we can give them interms of the bugginess the better!!