PDA

View Full Version : Possible Help with 11.5 Loading Problems

derker
07-01-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi People,

I have recently made up a new computer PC with windows system 7 Ultimate and had a lot of trouble
loading Lightwave 11.5. In fact it would crash on loading and saving on the simplest file. I have a good system with lots of memory and
an 8 core chip. After a great deal of frustration I have found out that Lightwave 11.5 could be conflicting with AVG antivirus software,
as when this is turned off, Lightwave loads and saves just fine. I have yet to definitely verify this, but so far it seems to be the case.
I hope this can maybe help people that are having similar problems, just turn off AVG when running Lightwave 11.5.
This may have been on a previous thread before but just in case...

Thanks

BeeVee
07-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Or use a different AntiVirus? I use Avast with no problems.

B

prometheus
07-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I have had issues with avg, slows down the system mcuh more than avast and not working properly, I now use avast..no direct issues with that as I know of.

bobakabob
07-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Avast is great, it's free and there aren't any conflicts. You should also check your antivirus doesn't 'intervene' with the Hub as well as Layout and Modeler.

derker
07-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for your feedback people! I may give AVAST a try. Anyways getting on OK now which is a relief!!