PDA

View Full Version : Parameters not saving in scene file with python based stuff

prefim
06-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Noob alert!!!!!

Just started with python to try and solve a particular problem. I wanted an eye blinking script to auto animate eye blinks. Now i'm completely green to python and so though why not start with something close..... Noisychannel.py

This adds a random nature to the channel and so I thought was a good starting base. I've modded the script sucessfully and it does what I want but when I save the scene, the parameters are not stored so when I return to the scene, they are all zero and not what I left them on.

In going back to noisychannel.py (not the plugin version) I noticed that this also doesnt save its parameters. The scene file does have 3 values after the script entry in the scene file which are all zero. If I set them manually and resave the scenefile from notepad, the scene loads with the parameters as expected.

Any ideas where to look? I guess there has to be something in the script which says push these parameters back to the main program but its not going to plan.

Looking forward to hearing suggestions.

Regards,

Mat

prefim
06-29-2013, 08:10 AM
That turned out to be simpler than I expected.....

After playing with adding noisychannel.py as a python addition (rather than adding pyton noisychannel as a plugin selection) the plugin method worked, python script did not.

I just added my script as a plugin and it now stores the parameters as expected.

phew!