PDA

View Full Version : RFRK for Lightwave Hurdles

problemchild
06-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey folks using the new RFRK.
I've been working through the steps to get it to run. Got the license installation worked out, but whereas trying to render with rfrk brought the message of no license, now LW just seems to hang when either trying to render or viewing the Hybrido mesh. Not a very large mesh mind you.

plugin loads the rpc fine, can see the particles, Can change to circles... but further.

Anyone have a similar hurdle?

m.d.
06-28-2013, 11:11 PM
first thing try a restart...

second some guys had issues with the license manager starting at startup...so they would have to do it manually.

also antivirus may block it

Thats all I got, I've never had a problem yet with it

problemchild
06-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Thanks. I think the License Manager is all good to go, installed and manually started. at least, no error or missing license messages on render.
Just a hang before any render-time feedback appears in the F9 window. No crash of the Win7 OS either. Same occurred on two separate but similar systems.
Feels like the plugin or LW is trying to swallow something beyond it.

not a big rpc cloud, but maybe I'll try something tiny.

problemchild
06-29-2013, 03:03 PM
All good now. It was licensing as m.d. suspected. Needed to both put the extra holes in the a.v. firewall (2223-2226) and then install license and start manually with command line opened by administrator.

cheers

3dWannabe
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
To use RFRK, is it necessary to remove the license from RF 2013 installed thru tools->licenses - and just use the license manager licenses (as I'm getting a 'local licenses are not valid if a license manager is running' message from RealFlow)?

I'm on a single win7-64 machine and just have the one RF 2013 standard and RFRK licenses.

If I remove my local license using tools->licenses, then even though I can see my valid installed RF and RFRK licenses in the license manager service using telnet or the browser for port 2226, RealFlow doesn't see any licenses.

BTW - I may have missed the Lightwave specific RFRK documents (my RFRK license email contained one for Maya, etc.- but not for Lightwave). Is there a document or quickstart to using the RFRK with Lightwave 11.5.1?

3dWannabe
09-03-2013, 10:20 AM
To use RFRK, is it necessary to remove the license from RF 2013 installed thru tools->licenses - and just use the license manager licenses (as I'm getting a 'local licenses are not valid if a license manager is running' message from RealFlow)?

I'm on a single win7-64 machine and just have the one RF 2013 standard and RFRK licenses.

If I remove my local license using tools->licenses, then even though I can see my valid installed RF and RFRK licenses in the license manager service using telnet or the browser for port 2226, RealFlow doesn't see any licenses.

BTW - I may have missed the Lightwave specific RFRK documents (my RFRK license email contained one for Maya, etc.- but not for Lightwave). Is there a document or quickstart to using the RFRK with Lightwave 11.5.1?
Resolved issue by:

In order for RF GUI to pick up the license from the LM, you have to add the following env var 'RF_GUI_USE_LICENSE_MANAGER=1'

http://support.nextlimit.com/display/rf2013docs/Installing+RealFlow