PDA

View Full Version : Timothy Albee still around?

hazmat777
06-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know if he's still working on the Ghost Warrior ? Internet searches don't bring up much anymore.

TalleyJC
06-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I know he's still around. Kat talks to him now and then.

digitaldoc
06-26-2013, 03:35 PM
His website store is broken, have tried to buy plugins several times, even e-mailed. No response.

I bought Ghost Warriors DVD several years back, great making of materials. I think that project is completed.

hazmat777
06-26-2013, 04:18 PM
His website store is broken, have tried to buy plugins several times, even e-mailed. No response.

I bought Ghost Warriors DVD several years back, great making of materials. I think that project is completed.

I got the short film DVD and the book too, but thought he was working on a "grass-roots funded" version of a feature length Kaze.

erikals
06-27-2013, 12:02 AM
as great as many of those plugins are, i just feel it too unprofessional unfortunatly not to reply in any way... :[
+not maintaining the wepsite.

i won't bother getting his pose saver, great as it is, and even if i would, it would just be wrong to recommend it for others.
quite unfortunate... :l

VermilionCat
06-27-2013, 12:30 AM
I hope he'll be back. Kaze is beautiful creation.

jwiede
06-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Agreed, as much as I might like some of the utility scripts, etc. I just cannot condone handling things in that manner (or rather, not handling them).

We need a "Have you seen these developers?" section, with pictures of Albee, Can Tarcan, maybe also the Vertibevel guy. :devil:

TalleyJC
06-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Well a good part of this is beyond Tim's real control. Tim works with a developer and it's the developer who is having some issues which has things gummed up.

allabulle
06-27-2013, 07:23 AM
I don't think she's Timothy anymore. Some important changes in her life developed. It might have to do with the state of things in relation to her plug-ins, website and work or maybe not; but something like that is probably not easy to handle on every level in one's life. It doesn't mean it must be dramatic, but certainly not easy.

I was surprised to know when I was looking for him to ask about the TAFA et al not long ago. Check it out if you must. Again, though, I don't have a clue if her process has to do a thing with the works and plug-ins.

Ryan Roye
06-27-2013, 07:50 AM
The Timothy we knew is gone forever... but is still around. I can't say much more as I don't know what would be alright to disclose; it is a difficult road to travel.

50one
06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
The Timothy we knew is gone forever... but is still around. I can't say much more as I don't know what would be alright to disclose; it is a difficult road to travel.

There's an entry on him on wikipedia, so I assume it's okay to put a link, but it's good to hear that he/she will continue her work on Kaze...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amadhia_Albee

erikals
06-27-2013, 09:09 AM
as for the personal choices, that's ok.

i just think that the website should be put down when it isn't being maintained.
or at least put in some info like "to be updated" or something...

anyway i'm sure that wasn't Albee's intention somehow...

jwiede
06-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Agreed, that is a very stressful and complicated road to travel, but still, c'mon, nobody could at least bother to properly take down the website/storefront? That's what I find unacceptably-handled -- the handling just showed no respect for past or potential customers.

TalleyJC
06-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Tim doesn't maintain the site folks as I explained... Tim's busienss partner is the one with issues

erikals
06-27-2013, 04:17 PM
but, shouldn't be a problem for Albee to tell the site manager to shut down the site.
anyway, it's been discussed enough i guess...

jwiede
06-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Definitely, let's just drop it.

erikals
06-27-2013, 11:18 PM
ok, looks to be down now, so that's good > http://loupguru.com
who knows, maybe we'll see them in the future.

i guess Albee could sell them at liberty3d.com instead, but Albee knows Kat i guess it's already been discussed...

digitaldoc
06-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Liberty 3d would be a great idea.

djlithium
06-30-2013, 10:10 PM
We have possession of the LScript source code of Tim's scripts. We are working towards adapting them to .p format but we may release them in their original state with a key system as a bundle so people can get access to them quicker as its not trivial to convert something from lscript to a .p (however its well worth it once its done because it runs circles around lscript for speed and stability. We know these tools are incredibly helpful to a lot of people including ourselves in production and just to get shizen done.
How many people want these tools?
Please let us know so we can prioritize this and get them released.

Kat

erikals
06-30-2013, 10:27 PM
personally i want the posesaver...
(and... great news...) http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

djlithium
06-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Yah that is a really really handy tool for sure. We are talking right now about how to get this sorted. I will keep you posted.

Greenlaw
07-01-2013, 12:42 AM
We know these tools are incredibly helpful to a lot of people including ourselves in production and just to get shizen done.
I have several of these tools and they have certainly been useful, sometimes in non-standard ways. For example, when I originally rigged the Brudders characters, I used LightWave Joints and I found that in order to make major rotation changes/corrections to the joints, it's much easier to first 'rip apart the rigs' using Rig Rip. Then, after making my changes, it is trivial to reassemble the rigs using Rig Stitch. Without these tools, the process would be a major headache. I think I will go back to using regular old LightWave Bones after we finish our current production because it doesn't look like NewTek is ever going to fix the frequently mentioned Joints to Motion Builder/Maya compatibility issues--but if I decide to use LightWave Joints again on a future project, I'm very happy to have these tools available.

FYI, I'll buy these tools again if they get converted to .p.

G.

digitaldoc
07-01-2013, 08:08 AM
There was a script to transfer vertex maps from one object to another even if the item was similar and not identical, weight, morph etc.

Ta BG Morph-n-weight copy

That one would be very helpful to me.

Thanks

djlithium
07-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Yes that is a very helpful one. Keep em coming guys. We will prioritized based on requests.

Phil
07-01-2013, 03:27 PM
We have possession of the LScript source code of Tim's scripts. We are working towards adapting them to .p format but we may release them in their original state with a key system as a bundle so people can get access to them quicker as its not trivial to convert something from lscript to a .p (however its well worth it once its done because it runs circles around lscript for speed and stability. We know these tools are incredibly helpful to a lot of people including ourselves in production and just to get shizen done.
Please let us know so we can prioritize this and get them released.

Kat

I don't know why, but I was kind of hoping that they'd be open sourced if the interest from the developer had waned.

Greenlaw
07-01-2013, 03:36 PM
There was a script to transfer vertex maps from one object to another even if the item was similar and not identical, weight, morph etc.

Ta BG Morph-n-weight copy

That one would be very helpful to me.

Thanks
I haven't used that tool but I've been using DraingBGVmap a lot this year. It's an orphaned x32 plugin but it works incredibly well and it can currently be found on Dodgy's website (http://www.mikegreen.name/). I use it to transfer Weight, UV and Morph maps from a character's mesh to ZBrush FiberMesh guides. I keep hoping NewTek will reverse engineer this awesome plug-in and make a native x64 compatible version. For the high density of the Brudders characters' FiberMesh/FiberFX fur guides, I could really make use the extra RAM available to x64 Modeler.

G.

erikals
07-01-2013, 03:54 PM
drainweight is alright, 32bit PC only though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r56uwDG3hU

Spinland
07-10-2013, 10:11 AM
As someone who unsuccessfully tried to buy a couple of those tools, I very much would like to see them re-released.

djlithium
07-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I spoke with Tim last week and he was traveling. I will touch base with him again and get the latest versions of the source code for all the tools he had available (and maybe some extras??).
Kat

allabulle
07-10-2013, 02:44 PM
thanks, kat!

Spinland
07-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Many thanks, Kat!

djlithium
07-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow! I just found out that Albee is off to China to help supervise a cartoon show series! I really hope we can get this working... :S