PDA

View Full Version : Rendering a non-perspective view?

Paul_Boland
06-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Folks.

I am working on a flat 2D game and want to use Lightwave to do the 3D work. I have a play area template for constructing my world, it's simulated isometric view but it flat 2D. As a result, when trying to set up the camera in Lightwave for my render workspace, it is not possible to capture the flat 2D perspective of the game world because the Lightwave camera renders a 3D perspective view. What would solve this is being able to render a flat 2D view such as rendering one of the viewports instead of rendering the camera view. Is this possible?

I'm attaching the 2D isometric world template I'm trying to work with and simulate in Lightwave so you can see what I'm trying to create.

Jarno
06-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Since version 9 LightWave has a number of different render camera types available in the camera settings panel. One of them is the Orthographic Camera, which is what you want.

---JvdL---

Sensei
06-26-2013, 04:25 AM
In this video tutorial I showed how to fake orthographic camera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_2jzam45k

Paul_Boland
06-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Since version 9 LightWave has a number of different render camera types available in the camera settings panel. One of them is the Orthographic Camera, which is what you want.

---JvdL---

Thanks, that worked great!! Thanks also Sensei for the video link.