View Full Version : Faceshift -Kinect live face motion capture

cresshead
06-19-2013, 09:01 PM
er...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxT0Xti4yG0&feature=youtu.be

..er...words fail...awesome!

regards faceshift : their website
http://www.faceshift.com/

note for freelancers faceshift is $800 per year.
studios $1500 per year...yeh..rental...ugh!

let's hope other 3d app vendors see that...uh hum...NEWTEK and go crazy with the idea!

Philbert
06-20-2013, 10:14 AM
This is pretty cool, but that price is crazy. I did check out Project Pinocchio though, that may be pretty useful at some point. The exported FBX loads very nicely into Modeler. I haven't tested Layout for the rig yet.

thomascheng
06-24-2013, 04:36 PM
This is a no brainer for Newtek to support. It definitely makes sense for the virtual studio system they are building. In fact, i think Newtek will be a leader in a virtual studio system, if they get everything in place (body mo cap and face mo cap.)

Greenlaw
06-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Faceshift also offers a non-commercial license for $150. It was something we thought we would try during the beta tests last year (it was one of the reasons we purchased our first Kinect for Windows) but then face capture dropped off our priority list because we're not using this tech for 'B2'.

FWIW, of all the face systems currently on the market that we looked at, Faceshift still seems to be the most polished to me. I can't say this from actual experience though. We purchased a license of Brekel Pro Face but, like FaceShift, had no time to test yet. Brekel is very inexpensive but to require a bit more work to set up and use. I'm not sure how well any of these systems work with LightWave BTW.

G.

RebelHill
06-25-2013, 02:22 AM
I beta'd this about a year ago now...

In maya/others, the faceshift plugin is basically a "motion modifier"... You can use whatever facerig setup you like, you pose in the preset poses from the list and consequently when faceshift sends its output to the plugin (either live or via file) the plugin then drives the rig controls. It can also output a text list of shapes/amounts/time...

So for LW you'd either need to have a specially written plugin, which I guess would have to setup motion control for each rig control... somehow... Or a method for taking the blendshape list into a morfMixer file. We banded a couple things back and forth, but (no surprise) LW wasnt particularly high on their radar or priority list.

geo_n
06-25-2013, 02:43 AM
its too bad no lw support. I was in contact with brekel face mocap developer some time ago and he showed interest in developing a lw plugin that could be used via morphmixer like daz mimic or papagayo2lw. But there was no interest in lw side.