PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP Exporting UV's from LW

sannyasi
03-04-2003, 12:53 PM
The problem I have is I Model in LW 7.5 and I want to texture in Deep Paint 3D v2 (not lw edition)

DP3D uses LWO v6... when I import v7.5 models My UV's get screwed up.

I could use OBJ format as well but the exporter that comes with LW dosen't export the UV's.

I need some way to get my work into Deep Paint, I think a different exporter plugin that supports UV's would be the best way but I've already checked flay and found nothing.

Any suggestions Please..

Kuzey
03-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Use UV Mapper (http://www.uvmapper.com/)

Just export in obj format (without UV's) and then import into UV Mapper, play around until you get your uv's just right and then re export the mesh (with a new name) and the map to go with it.

When you import the obj back into Lightwave...it keeps it's uv information...very cool!!

I have only tried the free version but still.... it's a hell of little program!!

Kuzey

Here's one I did for a shield model, each colour you see is a unique surface named in lw before export...makes things easier in uv mapper:

sannyasi
03-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the tip Kuzey
but I like the UV tools in LW. especially UV Spider. I Also use Maya, I could export the .obj into maya and make the uv's.... but I really dislike the tools there.

However If I export a uv mapped object from maya in obj format and bring it into LW it keeps the uv's from maya.. I need to find an exporter for lightwave that does the same. (almost any format will do though not just obj).