PDA

View Full Version : assigning same properties to multiple objects

Archigram
11-11-2003, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know a way to assign properties to more than one object or layer at a time? I am a fairly new user and find myself having to scroll down a long list and assigning a whole set of edge render properties (I am going for a hidden wire frame look) for every layer in every object when it seems like it should be possible, if one wants, to select everything and assign the same properties all at once. (Using LW 7.5c on a Mac) Thanks in advance to the generous LW community!

db

Red_Oddity
11-11-2003, 08:16 AM
Try using the Spreadsheet editor...

hrgiger
11-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Also, remember that if you need to assign surface properties in the surface editor, including shaders, you can do multiple selections there and any changes you make will be applied to everything selected.

SamuraiSlayer
11-11-2003, 11:30 PM
something that might help: you can select more than one layer buy holding SHIFT and clicking the other layers

Archigram
11-13-2003, 06:27 AM
Thanks folks! The Spreadsheet editor is just the ticket for doing multiple object edge property assignments. That saves me alot of time. (My only question is, why doesn't LW allow you simply to select multi objects and then open the properties panel and bulk assign there? It would be that much easier.) Anyway, spreadsheet opens up a world for me....

db

Dodgy
11-13-2003, 10:51 AM
I believe a lot of that wiil be in 8. They've been working on more and more of the interface being multi editable with each of the last few revisions...