PDA

View Full Version : VPR Image Options (path) per scene + screendump keyboard shortcut

vncnt
06-19-2013, 12:29 AM
When saving screendumps I'd like to save them to a file path that has been defined in the LWS scene file.

This way I still can generate a LWS file (via scripting), based on an event on the timeline of my NLE, and automatically save screendumps of a dedicated directory.

My blocking process could then look like this:
1) define backplates and/or speech
2) adjust timing on NLE timeline
3) generate LWS based on eventname, timing, backplates, speech/audio, markers
4) start LW using new LWS
5) load items from scene to load characters
6) start VPR and save screendump to unique path (should not conflict with other shots in the NLE project)
7) close LW & return to NLE
8) check existance of screendump and Add As Take to the video event (or insert video track and add a new event)
9) play NLE timeline for further detailing

Al these steps are performed my LW-link NLE script except step #6.

Now that I'm using LW-link in another real project I noticed that step #6 is really needed to get an indication of the shot.
It could be done completely manually but that would really hurt the blocking workflow.

A method to override the (or at least the filepath data) VPR Image Options in the LWS file could solve this.

3DGFXStudios
06-19-2013, 03:50 AM
I think LW needs a Render directory or Output directory for rendered images and preview files. Now the default behavior is dropping everything in the images dir but that's where the textures are. So having a Render dir in the content dir would solve this little problem.

iain_r
06-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi, If you open the Paths tab on the preferences panel there is an option for "Output Directory" it has a default of "Renders", if this directory does not exist as a subdirectory from the contect directory path then the output defaults to the images directory. Just create a "Renders" subdirectory from the content path and it should find it. If you also look in the scene files you will find a pointer to the output directory so you could change it there if you wanted to.

UnCommonGrafx
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Parse the lw scene to replace this variable. Reload the scene and go.

3DGFXStudios
06-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Hi, If you open the Paths tab on the preferences panel there is an option for "Output Directory" it has a default of "Renders", if this directory does not exist as a subdirectory from the contect directory path then the output defaults to the images directory. Just create a "Renders" subdirectory from the content path and it should find it. If you also look in the scene files you will find a pointer to the output directory so you could change it there if you wanted to.

I actually didn't know they added so many default dirs. Nice :D

vncnt
06-20-2013, 02:21 AM
If you also look in the scene files you will find a pointer to the output directory so you could change it there if you wanted to.

I've checked the "Use custom paths" and also created the directories.
I may be wrong but I still don't see that pointer in the LWS file.

Only a Radiosity cache: RadiosityCacheFilePath Radiosity/radiosity.cache