PDA

View Full Version : Learn 3D Character Modeling

WilliamVaughan
06-18-2013, 04:15 PM
I’m going to be starting an online training program that is One-on-One Training with a focus on 3D Character Modeling.

I’ve always been a big fan of the “Butts in Seats” method of training over videos and books which is why I have spent so many years in the class room. I tried to come up with the best way to mimic a classroom type training setting and feel that online video conferencing with shared screens is the best option.

I have trained hundreds of students to become professional animators at major studios, such as Rhythm and Hues, Digital Domain, Weta Digital, Monolith, Nickelodeon, Pixomondo, EA Sports, and many other top studios. Not everyone can take a year off to go to school or move to Florida for training but almost everyone has a decent internet connection and technology allows us to work almost as if we are in the same room.

No part of the training will be pre-recorded, scripted or edited and each “Class” will be limited to one student. The class will be a total of 20 hours broken up into 10 two hour sessions. The training will move at the pace of the student and the scheduling of the sessions can be very flexible. Classes will be on a first come first serve basis and will be limited to two students each month.
I’ll be offering a discount to the first batch of the students so stay tuned for more details.

I’m extremely excited about this concept and will be putting all of the pieces together to make this available soon.

Davewriter
06-18-2013, 08:14 PM
I see this and I feel excited... you stand on a level of your own with the ablity you have clearly and easily getting a student through a lesson. And what a wonderful experiance for those who fill those seats.

Only I somehow doubt that I would ever be able to come up with the scratch to be one of those lucky few.

But if you were to consider making videos available later... those I'm sure I could find a budget for. Kind of a two tier thing... with the second half released well afterwards.

Perhaps a bit of win/win

adrian
06-19-2013, 03:53 AM
That sounds great BUT will it be available only to US based students I wonder due to time difference?

WilliamVaughan
06-19-2013, 04:33 AM
That sounds great BUT will it be available only to US based students I wonder due to time difference?

not limited to US students. I set my own schedule :)

meshpig
06-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Any estimated $$ outlay? I find when conferencing OS certain idioms can sometimes present serious time delays. Sounds good anyway.

Triodin
06-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Definitely interested, this might be the kick in the pants I need to get started with the animation I've always wanted to do.

RayO3D
06-19-2013, 08:01 AM
I would also definitely be interested in this once it gets going.

WilliamVaughan
06-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Any estimated $$ outlay? I find when conferencing OS certain idioms can sometimes present serious time delays. Sounds good anyway.

I'm already preparing myself for a fraction of my hourly rate to make it as affordable as possible. So far all the conferencing I've been doing has been really solid using both Skype and even better... Gchat. I feel confident about using either.

chikega
06-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Sounds very intriguing. Are you aiming the course towards complete beginners or intermediate to advanced students? Will it be software centric? I know we both use LW and MODO.

WilliamVaughan
06-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Sounds very intriguing. Are you aiming the course towards complete beginners or intermediate to advanced students? Will it be software centric? I know we both use LW and MODO.

The course will be customized for the student. LightWave or Modo

Kevbarnes
06-22-2013, 11:41 AM
I would be interested to, how do I get involved? do you want a 'pm' with contact details.

Kev

WilliamVaughan
06-22-2013, 11:53 AM
I would be interested to, how do I get involved? do you want a 'pm' with contact details.

Kev

I'll be posting more info and pricing this coming week on my website: http://www.pushingpoints.com/

Kevbarnes
06-22-2013, 12:02 PM
ok thanks - I'll keep an eye on the site

Kevbarnes
07-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Hi William

just checking for any developments on the character modeling course ?

Kev

WilliamVaughan
07-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi William

just checking for any developments on the character modeling course ?

Kev

I put up a small page about the training with additional information.
http://www.pushingpoints.com/?p=2099

Feel free to contact me with any questions.