PDA

View Full Version : Jlw3d

jlw3d
06-16-2013, 10:52 PM
When making an animation that has video texture on an object(such as a Lightwave object -HD TV with video showing on the object), I have noticed that Lightwave only recognizes avi files. I want to texture map HD video on the object to retain the quality in the animation and Lightwave will not import .mp4, windows media files. I want to retain the HD quality in the animation of the texture mapped image. For example: In the animation I have a made a livingroom scene with a HD television showing a video, the HD television video in the animation needs to be HD quality! It is only logical that the video that is texture mapped in the animation should be at a quality of high definition in the animation.

How do I import HD video, either 720p or 1080p into a Lightwave scene?

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s),Total Physical Memory 24.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 3GB

nickdigital
06-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Convert the movie to an image sequence.

jlw3d
06-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Convert the movie to an image sequence.

after I convert to image sequence, will lightwave import video as an image sequence(like premiere and after effects)?

UnCommonGrafx
06-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Yes, it will do that.

LW, though, will take a mov and avi as image formats.
The image sequence is probably less problematic, though.

nickdigital
06-17-2013, 08:24 AM
after I convert to image sequence, will lightwave import video as an image sequence(like premiere and after effects)?

In the Image Editor there's a pulldown to use a still as a sequence if a numbered files are detected.

JamesCurtis
06-17-2013, 03:26 PM
If you are running a LW 64bit version that could be the reason why LW seems to only recognize avi files and not others. the Quicktime loader/saver doesn't work with 64 LW. 32bit LW will work with them just fine though. I generally work with image sequences regardless.