PDA

View Full Version : How will plug-ins look with LW8?

SLAYER
11-10-2003, 09:56 PM
What I mean is currently all of these plug-ins both free and bought, have a color scheme to somewhat match lightwaves. The grey or metallic color.

If LW changes its color scheme like to the dark one that is showing in posts, will these plug-ins take on the new colors or will we have this new color for LW, but the plug-in dialog boxes will have grey LW colors?

Weird question, but I am curious.

Thanks

gjjackson
11-10-2003, 10:22 PM
If they are .ls ( I assume .p 's are the same) there are essentially built in panels that are created by calling certain ctl routines. These are inherent to LW so I'd say the plugins will go along with the setup of colors. You can change the colors in LW though. I believe it's in the Hub.cfg file. I've tried some other colors and don't remember if the requestors colors match the theme colors in Layout and Modeler.

cgolchert
11-11-2003, 12:44 AM
This is the reason for having LWpanels in the sdk. Any changes to the main look will show up in the plugins since LW is actually drawing those panels. Not everyone uses 'panels though. Worley's stuff will most likely look a version behind, but then even though gaffer still looks like LW5.0, it still works.