PDA

View Full Version : First San Francisco Area User Group Meeting! Nov 19

Dillon
11-10-2003, 08:49 PM
Howdee dudes (and ettes!)

The first meeting is slated for November 19th, Wednesday at 7pm. The location is at BAVC - Bay Area Video Coalition. The address is 2727 Mariposa Street, San Francisco. Corner of Bryant and Mariposa, 2nd floor.

Please visit http://www.bavc.org/meet/contact/ for more on directions and location information.

This is the first and inagural meeting that BAVC will hold to support the growing LightWave community in the bay area, specifically San Francisco. All bay area folks are welcome to attend! We will be discussing the format of the meetings, and where we wish to go from there on out.

For those who like to share tips and tricks or share what they have been working on, please bring along your images, objects, scenes, etc to share with the group.

Please let me or Faisal know (faisal at mojocreative dot net)
(dillon at bavc dot org) if you think you will be attending so we
know how many people to expect for our first SF meeting.

See you soon!

Dillon Thomas

koryhz
11-21-2003, 01:11 PM
how did it go.
I am sorry I missed it.
wednesday nights I look after my daughter while my wife teaches at USF.

share the details if anyone gets a chance.

Dillon
11-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Hey there,

This is Dillon - the host of the new San Francisco/Bay Area LightWave User's group (SFBALWUG?). The meeting was pretty sweet.

It was our inaugural meeting, so we all introduced ourselves, where we have been w/ LightWave, where we want to go with it. We have a good mix of modelers, character animators, video/film artists, compositors, and all around producer/directors.

We discussed what we'd like to pull out of the meetings, and what we'd like to put into the meetings. It will be LW specific, with some attention given to supporting software. There was talk of a possible group project (I will be pitching an idea to the group during our next meeting).

There was also some "show and tell" - a demo reel, some websites, and a showing of 405 (the movie) for one of the participants who had never seen it.

The energy of the meeting was awesome. Everyone seemed pretty pleased with it. It's cool to have a computer connected to a projector to project our stuff onto the large screen.

BAVC (Bay Area Video Coalition) is sponsoring the user's group by allowing us to use their facilities.

Hope you can make the next meeting! The first one was pretty cool.

Best regards,

Dillon

nuclearchutney
11-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by koryhz
how did it go.
I am sorry I missed it.
wednesday nights I look after my daughter while my wife teaches at USF.

share the details if anyone gets a chance.

hehe bring the little one along, kory. a future lightwaver.
p.s. have you done any more development on Retro-Active?

We wouldn't mind having you speak at the group sometime. :)

Rali
01-06-2004, 06:16 PM
I just saw the meeting posted on the SF-SIGGRAPH page. When are you planning on having the next meeting?

nuclearchutney
01-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Rali
I just saw the meeting posted on the SF-SIGGRAPH page. When are you planning on having the next meeting?

Next meeting is planned is going to be on January 14th.

We are working out some details on a presenter so stay tuned.

P.S. email me at [email protected] with your name and email so I can put you on our list.

cheers :)