PDA

View Full Version : OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ Mac OSX released

juanjgon
06-12-2013, 02:39 AM
Hello,

Finally the Mac OSX version of OctaneRender™ for LightWave™ is available to download.
http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33297

-Juanjo

3dworks
06-13-2013, 09:13 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jwiede
06-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Juan, ran into a problem with the Mac version of the plugin (Windows version doesn't have same problem, AFAICT): I have different OctaneLive acct/pwd sets for my Standlone license and my plugin license, and regardless of which I enter in the plugin entry boxes, on Mac it always complains "the other one" is unlicensed (iow, if I put in the pair for the plugin, it says standalone isnt active, and vice versa). It's as though it needs room for both sets, though not sure why Win version doesn't exhibit the problem. Standalone is already active on the Mac at the time I enter the values, to be clear.

Any help appreciated! Seeing this with either Mac64 LW11.5 or LW11.5.1, nVidia 313 drivers, GTX570 card, 5.0x CUDA drivers and toolkit for Mac.

juanjgon
06-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Juan, ran into a problem with the Mac version of the plugin (Windows version doesn't have same problem, AFAICT): I have different OctaneLive acct/pwd sets for my Standlone license and my plugin license, and regardless of which I enter in the plugin entry boxes, on Mac it always complains "the other one" is unlicensed (iow, if I put in the pair for the plugin, it says standalone isnt active, and vice versa). It's as though it needs room for both sets, though not sure why Win version doesn't exhibit the problem. Standalone is already active on the Mac at the time I enter the values, to be clear.

Any help appreciated! Seeing this with either Mac64 LW11.5 or LW11.5.1, nVidia 313 drivers, GTX570 card, 5.0x CUDA drivers and toolkit for Mac.

In the plugin you should set the plugin id and password you have in your account. If standalone is activated all should work fine.

Please, first be sure that standalone is activated and later try to activate the plugin.

-Juanjo

battery555
06-20-2013, 10:12 AM

I faced the same problem. I'm using a quadro 4000 card for my mac pro4.1. It prompted my standalone is licensed on another machine which is not. I deactivated my standalone octane and reactivated it after a required close to an hour break. It works perfectly for me now :)

juanjgon
06-20-2013, 10:35 AM
I faced the same problem. I'm using a quadro 4000 card for my mac pro4.1. It prompted my standalone is licensed on another machine which is not. I deactivated my standalone octane and reactivated it after a required close to an hour break. It works perfectly for me now :)

The problem could be that Otoy licensing system thinks that the Windows and OSX are not the same computer, even when installed in the same machine. The best way to fix this problem is deactivate the both licenses (standalone and plugin) using the account web page and activate them under OSX (after the time needed to release the licenses).

-Juanjo