PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow 2013 Plugins

Burndog
06-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to animate the dropping of a logo into water and having a realistic splash. Blender was close but it looks like RealFlow is the answer.

Problem: No plugins for the Toolkit for Lightwave work.
Mac version fails immediately as a download package after successfully downloading. It downloads but when clicked it looks to fire but then nothing... I eventually got it to work by downloading it on a PC then unzipping and only then the installer fired up.
Next select plugin file to load into Lightwave 11.5 and get an error "Plugins were not found or could not be added".

So then I figured I'd try windows so installed Lightwave 11.5 on my PC running Windows 7 32bit. Yup, next problem is RealFlow plugin is only for 64bit.

http://www.realflow.com/index.php/download/download_area/index

Question: Has anyone gotten this to work on the Mac in LW11.5 and if so have any pointers or have a working plugin they can share?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Burndog
06-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Update: I was able to install the Mac Plugin on Lightwave.
Don't use the default unarchive application that comes with the Mac. Use Stuffit Expander.
Don't expect the plugins to install from the pseudo support/plugins directory the installer creates IF you have Lightwave installed in a location other than the default applications directory.

These two items allowed the plugin to install 22 files as updated from Lightwave.

wesleycorgi
06-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the info; I just downloaded the learning edition and was bumping my head against the wall.