PDA

View Full Version : naming in lightwave

hansen
06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
1. Everything in pop up windows are displayed alphabetically. I don't look for things by when they where added to a scene or a model. Make this the default in surface presets.

2. Put the damn "load new image" at the top of, not the bottom of the list. I might have 100 images in a model. When I want to add 100 and 1 to the UV, I don't want to scroll past the first 100! Also for weight maps, UV maps...

3. Figure out a way to show the surface when you hover over it in model and hold down a key

4. Let me assign the mac command key to short cuts

5. If I choose inches as my unit than keep it inches all of the time. 13 inches are not 1' 1", they are 13 inches. 305 inches are 305 inches they are not 25 feet whatever

6. fix it

Sensei
06-13-2013, 02:09 AM
2. Put the damn "load new image" at the top of, not the bottom of the list. I might have 100 images in a model. When I want to add 100 and 1 to the UV, I don't want to scroll past the first 100! Also for weight maps, UV maps...

For images- it's easier to drag'n'drop image to LW window from Windows explorer.

stobbs
06-30-2013, 02:31 AM
3. Figure out a way to show the surface when you hover over it in model and hold down a key

If you shift RMB on a surface in vpr it will highlight the surface in the surface editor. I do agree about the endless scrolling popups though.

BeeVee
07-01-2013, 05:09 AM

In 11.5 Modeler, there is a new command Pick Surface. It highlights the surface name used by the poly you are hovering over.

B

stobbs
07-01-2013, 12:08 PM
thats good to know... I assumed he meant layout.

hansen
07-10-2013, 07:23 PM
awesome! thanks. I will try that. I meant in modeler for surface picking.

hansen
12-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Nice that 11.6 allows naming in surface presets using alphabetical order. Can you do the same for the rest of Lightwaves dialogue boxes? Or just the Image editor if it is not possible in other windows. And make it the default. Again there is a reason words in the dictionary are not organized by when they where added to the language! Is their a reload object button? That would be nice. Also an add all object layers for existing objects that have new layers added.

hansen
12-30-2013, 06:22 AM
In modeler the further away from the origin the less we can zoom into the object. Make a quick return button that allows you to select a point on your model, and have that point then move the entire layer you are working on, using that point as center, to the origin of modeler work space. When through working on that detail you hit F7 or whatever, and the piece reverts to it's previous location

xchrisx
12-30-2013, 08:34 AM

This is kind of subjective because if you already have an image chosen, but would like to choose a new image it starts in the place of the list where the selected image is. Sometimes its at the bottom of the list and since LW shows images in order of loaded rather than alphabetical, typically when assigning new images you would want it to be at the bottom.

In modeler the further away from the origin the less we can zoom into the object. Make a quick return button that allows you to select a point on your model, and have that point then move the entire layer you are working on, using that point as center, to the origin of modeler work space. When through working on that detail you hit F7 or whatever, and the piece reverts to it's previous location

Like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp3Wggd83AY

6. fix it
If you feature request, report it to fogbugz (https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit).