PDA

View Full Version : Boston LUG Starting in January...

Riplakish
11-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, I can see from the number of reads that people are at least looking at my original posting.

I've decided from this, and talking with the one other LightWave user that I know in person that there is at least some interest in getting a User Group of some kind together.

With this in mind, I've decided to host a LUG kickoff meeting on January 10th at the house. I will provide a TV, VCR and DVD player, some snacks (pot luck also welcome) , and whatever other resources I can muster for a discussion.

What I would expect in return in people to bring their enthusiasm, anything they want to show off (I'm a relative newbie, so most of what I have to share is me playing around with layout), and suggestions for meeting #2, and a willingness to share. I think the goal of the first meeting would be to meet, and try to work out the details of keeping things going beyond the first meeting (I have ideas, but believe a collaborative process will bring more interest).

I'm up in the Lowell area, and would like to do the invites RSVP style, so send me a private message if you're interested, preferably with a real email address so I can build a list, perhaps with a bit about yourself and your interests, and in return, I'll provide directions, contact info, etc. About a week before the get together, I'll send out a short summary of those who have responded, so everyone has a fair idea of what (and whom) to expect.

I'm not fixated on a specific meeting place - another group I belong to holds its monthly meetings at different member's houses throughout the year, so if you can't make the first meeting, but have a good venue, contact me anyhow, and perhaps you can host a future meeting. I suspect meeting #2 will be in the Framingham area (the other Lightwave user I know), but the third and subsequent locations are open.
:p

If anyone has comments, suggestions, or the like, feel free to drop me a line.

TOXIC-3D
12-02-2003, 08:15 PM
How'dee...

I was just wondering if this post was still active or not... I've PM'ed you a couple of times and as of yet haven't heard back..?

TOXIC'...

Riplakish
12-05-2003, 07:06 AM
Absolutely. I've been down sick since Thanksgiving (Gotta love family - they give you everything they have), and have just started getting caught back up. I've seen the PMs, and will be answering them momentarily. Thanks for being interested.

Riplakish
12-31-2003, 11:56 AM
We're still a "go" for January 10th, 2004.

I'll be sending out directions and information to the people I've been talking with, probably this weekend, since I have the next 4 days off, and time to pay attention to it (want to try to get my demo work done, too). If anyone is interested, and has been holding off to find out if I was serious, now would be the time to get ahold of me. :)

As mentioned, the initial meeting will be in the Lowell, MA area, and I have 4-5 people who have expressed an interest. Future dates, times, and locations will be set as the group evolves, and we find out what works for the people who attend.

Riplakish
01-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Based on a number of requests from those liking to attend, and due to some business travel coming up, I'm rescheduling the LUG kickoff meeting to Sunday, January 25th, 2pm. Hopefully, being a bit further away from the holidays will work out better for everyone.