PDA

View Full Version : Light Envelopes?

Megalodon2.0
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm using Tracer (Worley Taft plugin) for the first time and it allows export of a Light envelope for the light intensity.

My problem is... it says use the Load Envelope button in the Light Panel - there is none. The fact is, there IS a Load Envelope button in LW5.5/5.6, but not in LW7, LW8, LW9 or LW11.5.

Does anyone know how I can load a Light envelope? Never had to do this before and it is giving me a serious headache trying to find out. There is NOTHING about this in any of the LW docs for ANY of these LW versions. I have LW5.5/5,6, 7.5, 9.6 & 11.5 loaded on various machines - only LW5.x has this button in the intensity section.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's probably VERY simple, but at the moment my brain is pretty much jello and I just can't see how to do it.

Sensei
06-07-2013, 09:34 PM
I guess so it's saving its settings in lws like the most/the all Layout plugins?
Load it in v5.5, save scene, then analyze how it's saved in text editor comparing file with and without it.
If light envelope is exported as text file, you should be able to manually join them. I guess. Because I have never saw Taft plugin. If it's exporting to binary, not text file, it won't work..

nickdigital
06-07-2013, 09:38 PM
You should be able to right click in the intensity channel in the graph editor and go to load envelope.

Megalodon2.0
06-07-2013, 11:37 PM
First, thanks for responding! :)

I guess so it's saving its settings in lws like the most/the all Layout plugins?
Load it in v5.5, save scene, then analyze how it's saved in text editor comparing file with and without it.
If light envelope is exported as text file, you should be able to manually join them. I guess. Because I have never saw Taft plugin. If it's exporting to binary, not text file, it won't work..
Yes, it's a text file and I SHOULD be able to insert it into the scene file. The thing is... this feature was available in LW5.5/5.6, so why is there not some way to do it now? I've exported an envelope out of 5.5 and it does not look the same as one exported from the Tracer plugin.

Already tried loading the info into LW5.5/5.6 - doesn't want to accept the file no matter how I change it to "make it fit."

You should be able to right click in the intensity channel in the graph editor and go to load envelope.

Right-clicking on the intensity channel brings up a dialog that does have ADD Envelope, but that only ends up bringing up the graph editor.

This really is just weird. WHY would they remove the ability to "Load Envelope" to the light intensity?

nickdigital
06-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Are you right clicking on the intensity channel in the channel bin in the graph editor?

Megalodon2.0
06-08-2013, 12:50 AM
Right-clicking in the graph editor doesn't show me anything that allows loading an envelope - see screengrab.

dwburman
06-08-2013, 01:00 AM
You might try the 'replace' option on that menu. That opens a file requester.

Skywatcher_NT
06-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Replace ;)

Megalodon2.0
06-08-2013, 01:29 AM
You might try the 'replace' option on that menu. That opens a file requester.

Replace ;)

You know something...

I tried that two times before. Didn't work.

So I went and exported a NEW envelope out of Tracer and tried again - just so I could say I did the entire thing from start to finish.

And you know what? THIS time is worked. I'm not THAT tired so I have no idea what the problem was. But at this point I don't care. I've spent over six hours trying to figure this out. NOW it works and I'm not going to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Anyway... THANKS Nick, dwburman and Skywatcher - you made me go back and try it again. Obviously worth it - thanks again!