PDA

View Full Version : poor search results when searching lightwave on youtube!

prometheus
06-07-2013, 11:32 AM
Donīt know what has happened? I seem to get so much unrelated search results when I search for lightwave videos on youtube, and I donīt like it.

Maybe someone just puts tags of lightwave in non lightwave software mov clips, thus for example cinema4d shows up sort of.

That might actually be some sort of uggly marketing tip, so newtek could for example tag all their own lightwave
videos with 3d max,cinema3d or maya for example, so when people search that..they got a showcase of lightwave too:)

Michael

stiff paper
06-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Yep.

They kept changing how search behaved, over and over, for the past year (or at least it seemed that long). Sometimes it was good, just how you'd expect the results to look if you searched for "term term term", but then other times it was idiotic. (Many of their different rejigging attempts returned results where the only link to what you'd searched for was that something related was in their own list of recommended vids over on the right for that vid. Now that's stupid.)

They seem to have settled on this current behavior, which sucketh mightily, because it's terrible. Searching by date added is broken and wrong too, it simply ignores most of the things it should be returning as results.

I don't hold out much hope for them fixing it. I suspect that YT still loses them a tonne of money and all this tweaking is part of a plan to morph YT into something that pays.

BigHache
06-10-2013, 05:22 AM
YT has already announced plans for paid, original content channels. TV is the Internet (on-demand) and everyone is fighting to find "the system" that consumers will adopt.