PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt LWO?

fabmedia
11-10-2003, 04:43 PM
I'm experiencing some problems with a file of mine. Now it's an object that has been modeled in Modeler and is used in a scene with a bunch of other objects. Now how can I tell if an object is corrupt and/or an image file? Is there a way to fix it?

Arlen

drclare
11-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Was it modeled on pc or Mac, i've heard that there are some compatibility issues with lightwave file going cross-platform, so maybe it's not really corrupt. To see if an image file is corrupt you could just open it with Photoshop and it would either open it or tell you that it's corrupt.

riki
11-10-2003, 09:43 PM
Sometimes if LW crashes if your saving a scene it can destroy your Object files. The only real safegaurd is to get into the practice of incremental saves.

fabmedia
11-11-2003, 11:44 AM
It was modelled on the Mac. I've been thinking of buying a PC to render my very long scene. It's going to be about 1 minute 30 seconds. Now if there is going to be a problem with doing the cross platform thing, then I'm going to have to turf that idea. Does anyone have any ideas to get ScreamerNet working on the Mac? I've never been able to do it.

Arlen

Jimzip
11-14-2003, 12:11 AM
Screamernet. I'd like to know that too..

One last thing to check! Does the scene have any morphs in it?
Very often I have scenes that won't load an object, or Lightwave crashes because of a morph on an object that's playing up.

Try and remember the last morph you made if this is the case, then open the object file and get rid of it!
I've found that many times this is the problem.
I hope that helps.

Jimzip :D

fabmedia
11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
No morphs. Just straight unaltered polys... that's the confusing part. The images are fine and the model by itself is fine when rendered. But put it into a scene with another object and poof!

Arlen

oDDity
01-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Jimzip
Screamernet. I'd like to know that too..

One last thing to check! Does the scene have any morphs in it?
Very often I have scenes that won't load an object, or Lightwave crashes because of a morph on an object that's playing up.

Try and remember the last morph you made if this is the case, then open the object file and get rid of it!
I've found that many times this is the problem.
I hope that helps.

Jimzip :D

How do you find the moprhs in an object file, it's mostly jibberish text?

BrianW
01-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Disable the Hub and all should work good!
The hub causes so many problems on the Mac side that I have just removed it completely from the LightWave folder and haven't had a bit of problem since!
Brian W.