PDA

View Full Version : Fractional Keyframe Problems

dwburman
06-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Is anyone else having problems with fractional keys showing up?

It's seems like I've been having more trouble with this in LW 11.5 than in earlier versions. I am not doing anything to alter the timing of the keys like stretching them out in the Scene Editor. I'm just setting keys.

I haven't been able to fully track things down, yet, but it appears to be happening upon scene save or load. I can set a key and it's on a whole key frame (the tip of the time slider lights up indicating that it is on a key frame), save the scene and upon reload the key is now on a fractional key frame. This doesn't seem to happen all the time, at least not when I was testing for it, but it happens frequently and it's pretty annoying.

I am using a fractional frame rate (23.976 a.k.a 24 fps drop-frame) and that seems to be a contributing factor, but I've heard other artists have had similar problems with theirs scenes set at 30fps.

Is this something that everyone is running into, or is it just something I'm blessed with?

jboudreau
06-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Is anyone else having problems with fractional keys showing up?

It's seems like I've been having more trouble with this in LW 11.5 than in earlier versions. I am not doing anything to alter the timing of the keys like stretching them out in the Scene Editor. I'm just setting keys.

I haven't been able to fully track things down, yet, but it appears to be happening upon scene save or load. I can set a key and it's on a whole key frame (the tip of the time slider lights up indicating that it is on a key frame), save the scene and upon reload the key is now on a fractional key frame. This doesn't seem to happen all the time, at least not when I was testing for it, but it happens frequently and it's pretty annoying.

I am using a fractional frame rate (23.976 a.k.a 24 fps drop-frame) and that seems to be a contributing factor, but I've heard other artists have had similar problems with theirs scenes set at 30fps.

Is this something that everyone is running into, or is it just something I'm blessed with?

Hi

It's happened to me quite a few times as well. It's kind of a hit or miss sort of situation. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I know what you mean it can get very annoying having to go and fix all the keyframes.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out what the cause is.

Thanks,
Jason

dwburman
06-06-2013, 09:08 PM
You can open them up in the graph editor and press 'q' which will snap them to whole key frames, but that's a slow process. A quicker way would be to use the quantize command in the Scene / Dope Editor, but last time I tried that it didn't work right.