PDA

View Full Version : TED Undo/Redo process.

nelsonm
11-10-2003, 03:36 PM
Hello,

I have noticed that performing one correction on a subproject on the timeline can encure multiple internal steps.

The problem is that if you want to undo that one correction, the undo process forces you to manuelly step through every internal step. So as an example to the video i was editing, one correction caused me to have to step back through over 30 undos. I just gave up! My guess is that the longer a project is, the worse the problem becomes.

If this is confirmed, it would nice to have a one to one relationship between corrections and undo's/redo's.

If a single correction involves multiple internal steps, i would just as soon that the single undo click handle all of the internal steps automatically.

It would also be nice if newtek would allow the user to select "the last x number of" or "the last minute" or "the last hour" or "todays" undo's/redo's as apposed to just one or all.

ScorpioProd
11-10-2003, 08:55 PM
The trickiest thing with undos is knowing WHAT they are undoing. I really don't use them for more than the last thing I've done cause I have no idea what the next undo will undo, and it can be very subtle.

I prefered the undos in other programs that actually TELL you what each undo is gonna do, based on just simple short phrases or command words.

nelsonm
11-10-2003, 09:27 PM
WELL,

I hope Newtek is reads this thread!