PDA

View Full Version : Rendering To Quicktime

Gazlw
06-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Hi,

I am rendering out a short animation of a flag waving against a blue sky backdrop with a spotlight with a visible flare on.
The sky is a jpeg still image as a backdrop, when I render out to a quicktime movie though I get the flag okay though not sky or flare just a black background, even though I see the scene okay in the preview and can render out a still frame okay, with the blue sky.
This seems weird, I have not done much animation before so am wondering if maybe I haven't done something I should.

Thanks.

JonW
06-05-2013, 04:19 PM
Best to render frames & then you can tweak compression. Also you avoid rendering the whole thing again if you have a crash or blackout. You can then composite the frames in Lightwave to Quicktime if you want or use Quicktime itself or other app.

When you composite the flag in LW have this in the foreground (frames previously in TGA etc for Alpha) & your sky in the background (better not to use jpg to minimise compression artefacts compounding)

Gazlw
06-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks John,
I have never tried compositing the frames in Lightwave, not sure how to go about that.
I had a quick look in the help but I am still not sure how to make the separate images into a sequence.

nickdigital
06-05-2013, 06:37 PM
There's a tutorial on how to do that in LW here:
Using LightWave to Build Animations from Frames
http://pixsim.com/