PDA

View Full Version : Colored outline appears in all my sequential rendershttp://forums.newtek.com/images/s

Callistus
06-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Working on a imac, 4Gs ramm / core i5 / AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB. Rendering out to PNG32 files.

My goal is to render out an animation(using sequential images), overlay the images on top of video footage in final cut and export the final result. Unfortunately every time i render out this image, it contains a colored outline. The color of this outline can be controlled by changing the background color of the scene. This was never an issue for me in LW9.6, but now happens constantly. Not sure what i may be overlooking.

I do not want an outline of any kind, but i do want a smooth anti aliased edge.

for the love of all things Newy & Techy, please help.

Callistus
06-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Also, the shadow on the ground has a large amount of white in it for some reason. With a Black background its clearly there, yet on a lighter background it looks like a muted shadow.

Perplexed.

Tobian
06-05-2013, 09:12 AM
In the render globals > Output tab - select Alpha format > Unpremultiply alpha. This way your object won't have the background multiplied with it, and it will matte over your backplate flawlessly.

Callistus
06-05-2013, 03:23 PM
Appreciate the help big time!

I changed the setting to Unpremultiply and it got rid of the outline issue(thank you). Now a new issue as arisen. I have been using a shadow catcher on a ground plane inorder to get the floor shadow, and after turning on Unpremultiply, the ground plane becomes visible(only in the preview window) and when the file is saved out (PNG32) it contains an outline much like before but only where the model and the ground plane overlap.

Do you know a way around this new issue that lets me keep the shadow catcher?

Callistus
06-06-2013, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? i kinda have a gun to my head on this project.

JoePoe
06-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I think I remember a thread about Shadow Catcher not working "right" unless shading samples are set to at least two.

Also, do you have any Fresnel on your object(s)?...... shot in the dark, just looks like it.

Other than that, no idea.
But you might get a faster answer in the Community or General Support threads. I doubt this is a MAC specific issue and you will, at least, have more eyes on it over there.

Cute little guy btw :)

Callistus
06-06-2013, 04:13 PM
thanks for the input.

My shading samples were already set to 24, but i played around with that number trying everything from 2 to 24 and no change. I dont see fresnel though so i guess that may also be ..glossiness? played with that too, no change. If you dont have any other suggestions the i'll try the other general support area like you said.