PDA

View Full Version : Good camera setting for interior visualization?

Ryste3d
06-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi, Dos anyone know how to get a good interior camera setting?

How can I Use a 35 55 mm wide angel and still see the hole room without changing the room size. I think you can do that in max?

geo_n
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
yes that's overscan in max.
In lighwave try an advance camera and make a polygon your viewing plane. Its like a clipping camera trick.

Ryste3d
06-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Thanks, now I just have to figure out how to set this up :-)

Any “overscan” plugin to Lightwave?

lazyanimator
06-07-2013, 07:03 AM
35mm -55mm isn't a particularly wide angle in photography terms. In a real world interior room photograph, you would probably need a 12mm - 18mm lens to get the majority of the room in, even less.

LA.

Danner
06-07-2013, 01:39 PM
16mm is as low as I'm willing to go for indoor shots, lower than that things get too distorted in panoramic formats.

tcoursey
06-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi, Dos anyone know how to get a good interior camera setting?

How can I Use a 35 – 55 mm wide angel and still see the hole room without changing the room size. I think you can do that in max?

Not sure exactly what your after. I would agree with others that camera lens is not considered wide angle in photography terms. And yes your correct anything below 18-24mm you'll begin to see distortion on the edges of your images (widening affect).

In the real world one would shoot several images of the same room on a tripod and then stich them together in post. (at least that's what I do). you can do the same in LW, just setup a camera and then make a few keyframes rotating the camera along the heading. Then stich those together with Photoshop or similar.

When you mentioned Panoramic that triggered my thought there. I'm not familiar with overscan from MAX. But it's possible that the advanced camera (as mentioned) could provide something special for you.

When I shoot 360 panoramic images inside LW I use the advanced camera with a FOV of 90 and a Horizontal FV set to 90. Then rotate my camera 90 degrees towards each 6 angles I need for an immersive 360 panorama.

Any of that help? Good luck...

3DGFXStudios
06-07-2013, 02:34 PM
What max does is nothing special. It's all about the camera angle. If you want to see more of you room increase the camera angle. You can model a fake lens and use that as a camera. (advanced camera) You image will be distorted. You can build all kinds of custom camera's with the advanced camera. You can also render a full 360 if you use a ball for example.

tcoursey
06-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I bet all your after is changing your Width and Height of the image. Set your camera FOV to whatever you wish...35mm. Then instead of having say a 4:3 ratio on your image (width vs height) change the width to something much wider.

The camera widens but keeps the same perspective of sorts. Kind of neat...learned something! Maybe that works for what your wanting.

Ryste3d
06-12-2013, 05:02 AM
What I am looking for is a setup where I can use a wide angel lenses like 16 – 18mm and don’t get large furniture's in the left and right borders of the image, and everything in the middle of the image looks like it is way to far away.

Normally I will build the room very large so I can put the camera farther away from point of view and make it a 35mm lens and zoom in or out to get the result I am after. That is not always possible.

In max I think you can place the camera outside the room make it a 35mm or more and simply clipping away the walls in front of the camera.

Can you do this with Advanced Camera?

Ztreem
06-12-2013, 08:49 AM
[QUOTE=tcoursey;1325715]

When I shoot 360 panoramic images inside LW I use the advanced camera with a FOV of 90 and a Horizontal FV set to 90. Then rotate my camera 90 degrees towards each 6 angles I need for an immersive 360 panorama.

[QUOTE]

Why don't you just set the horizontal to 360 instead of 90 and make the resolution of the image 6 times wider? then you don't have to stitch the images together, or are you rendering in very high resolution so it's not possible?