PDA

View Full Version : How to - Water Falling on Feature wall??

tcoursey
06-04-2013, 08:53 AM
anyone have a technique or surface you'd care to share for a good water fall feature wall. One of those you might see in a spa or hotel lobby. I've tried several animated fractal textures but have not come up with anything good yet. Thanks for any tutorials or ideas, presets.

allabulle
06-04-2013, 09:40 AM
An image sequence on a plane (or some planes layered to add complexity), some procedural to break patterns visually or to add transparencies and a few particles to simulate splashes and a bit of volume to the simulation did the trick once for me. Mind you, it was a while ago, so now you have other options. But if in a hurry, it could still work. If it's for an in-your-face effect, you might want to check RealFlow or the likes, though.

I'm sure others with more up to date experience with fluids will come to the rescue in the next few hours (if not minutes). If you want to be more specific about your project needs, it could help others to help you.

tcoursey
06-04-2013, 09:43 AM
An image sequence on a plane (or some planes layered to add complexity), some procedural to break patterns visually or to add transparencies and a few particles to simulate splashes and a bit of volume to the simulation did the trick once for me. Mind you, it was a while ago, so now you have other options. But if in a hurry, it could still work. If it's for an in-your-face effect, you might want to check RealFlow or the likes, though.

I'm sure others with more up to date experience with fluids will come to the rescue in the next few hours (if not minutes). If you want to be more specific about your project needs, it could help others to help you.

Thanks. don't need realflow or any particle simulation. It's just "part" of a room, won't be very close to it. I'm sure the moving texture/layers will work fine. Just haven't found the right combination/settings yet.

Thanks.