PDA

View Full Version : Any one else having this problem with Julienne 2?

lertola2
05-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Since I upgraded to 11.5 it has seemed like the julienne 2 command has not worked at all. I was just looking at it more closely and now I realize that it does work if you directly select some polygons before using the julienne 2 command. Is this command not working properly? It seems to me that with past versions of Lightwave directly selecting polygons was not required.

Oedo 808
05-31-2013, 02:42 PM
I just tried it on a box and it worked without the box being selected... curious before submitting I tried it on a ball, this time on the y axis and it didn't work, I tried it again on x axis and it worked, I undid that and copied the ball to a new layer and tried y again and it worked and I haven't been able to get it not to work since, even doubting whether it really didn't work. I might try it on occasion, I'll post back if I can run it without it working.

Never mind, it's polygon selection mode that makes the difference, in that, it doesn't work.

lertola2
05-31-2013, 07:28 PM
I just tried it on a box and it worked without the box being selected... curious before submitting I tried it on a ball, this time on the y axis and it didn't work, I tried it again on x axis and it worked, I undid that and copied the ball to a new layer and tried y again and it worked and I haven't been able to get it not to work since, even doubting whether it really didn't work. I might try it on occasion, I'll post back if I can run it without it working.

Never mind, it's polygon selection mode that makes the difference, in that, it doesn't work.

Thanks for figuring that out. It was driving me nuts. I put in a bug report on it: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?60854_6fbu4uk1oall2ib9

Oedo 808
05-31-2013, 09:45 PM
Cool, can't really see where I would have switched modes the first time, but I guess I must have done. I usually use Mike Green's (Dodgy) JulienneRT (http://www.mikegreen.name/Lscripts.html), it's pretty funky. Only thing to bear in mind is that you need a few extra undos if you should need to undo it because of the way it works.