PDA

View Full Version : LW Crashes when closing - any ideas why?

Bax33
05-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Recently LW modeler and layout both display a critical error when I close the apps and ask if I want to save a dump file. Otherwise they seem to perform fine. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there a perhaps a config file I could look at or path that I need to examine to ensure things are correct? Kind of weird that in only happens when I'm closing things down. One error that was specific when closing Layout was - Failed to load MDD node and MDD node failed to start. Is this node part of LW natural or one of my additional plugins like LWCAD? How do I check?

Do you think a system restore back to a date prior to this problem occurring fix the issue?

I use LW on Windows 7 PC if that matters. Thanks

Bax33
05-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Update: I did a system restore back about 10 days, which included switching me back to a previous display driver. The restore went well, but now when I open Modeler or Layout it is in discovery mode as if I just installed it. However, I had reinstalled LW several months back. This wouldn't be bad except that when I drag my lock key file over the splash screen it says the key was updated, but when I shut down and restart, its still in discovery mode awaiting the key. Looks like no matter what, I once again must reinstall LW. Seems like 11.5 is considerably more touchy than previous versions.

Phil
05-28-2013, 07:46 AM
The installer modifies various firewall settings. NT don't or won't disclose what those modifications are. As such, re-installing is the only way to recover dongleless operation. It's by-design, it seems.

Bax33
05-29-2013, 11:17 AM
UPDATE: Thanks Phil. I ended up resolving this or dare I say Windows resolved it. As I stated I did a system restore and then LW wouldn't recognize the lock key. When I was done for the day, I shutdown my system and upon shutdown Windows had a lot of critical updates to catch up on. Once those were installed and I fired the system back up LW was working perfectly without any need to reinstall. I thought I would share this in case anyone else ran into a similar issue.