PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP need to export LWO with UV's to deeppaint

sannyasi
03-04-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm looking for a way to export my LW objects with UV info to Deep Paint 3D (non LW edition) The problem is DP3D imports LW6 objs Im using 7.5 and DP3D imports the UV's incorrectly.
(Don't have access to lw3d edition)

An export plugin that supports UV's would be great but I can't find anything on Flay and the default plugins that come with LW (dxf and obj formats) don't support UV export.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Epita
03-04-2003, 12:32 PM
are you sure that there are no UV exporters in LW 7.5, im sure ive scene them around. Where are you exporting from Modeler or Layout? also Flay wouldnt have the plugin for Deepaint, look around for a plugin to do just that, or import from 3ds or obj or something

Epita

sannyasi
03-04-2003, 12:41 PM
I can export (from modeler) using the obj exporter (I use maya as well, But I always model in LW) but the UV's never export, I have tried the hrc save, 3ds2 exporter and others as well.... but regardless what I do I can not get the UV's out of LW... If I create the UV's in Maya and export to obj format I can Import them into LW.. but I want to make the UV's in LW ( I don't like the UV tools in Maya and Its a great help to use UV Spider in LW).