PDA

View Full Version : What happened to copy/paste keys??

edrussell
11-10-2003, 06:40 AM
Hello all,

I need a point light (and it's associated flare) to be dark up until a certain point and then strobe on and off for the rest of the animation. In the paste I would have used the function "copy/paste keys" but it apprears to be missing in LW 7.5c. This tool (in the past) was one I used often since it made copying a certain renge of keys and repeating them simple and automatic as it would just append the range of keys to the end of the graph as many times as i told it. I tried to use the "end behavior repeat and offset repeat" but it repeats the entire graph not just the selected range. Am I missing something?? Has this tool been moved/renamed?? I really need this functionality. I know I could go through and key the repeat by hand but that is time consuming and I really don't feel I should have to go that route (backwards in functionality) after paying for an "upgrade" to LW 7.5

Don't know if it is useful information for solving my problem but:

LW 7.5c
Dual G4 1.25 Powermac
2GB RAM

BTW:

If any Newtek developers are reading this I would really appreciate a fix for the LW7.5/Mac OS 10.3 Panther issues soon. I'm having to go back and forth between jaguar and panther by switching the startup disks on my mac and rebooting...which is a pain.

Thanks!!

Edgar

Axis3d
11-10-2003, 07:41 AM
Here's how you do it:

Open the Light Properties panel for your particular lens flare light. Check Lens Flare, Click on Lens Flare Options. Click 'E' to get into the Envelope. This also opens the Graph Editor where you can do all the copy/paste type things you need to do.

If you create a bunch of keyframes for the flare-ups and downs and need to copy and paste them later in the timeline: Right-Click and drag a box across all of the keyframes. Hold Ctrl-Shift Left mouse button and select Add to Key Bin. Give it a name if you want. Now place the cursor in the timeline where you want the group of keyframes to begin again. Then, Ctrl-Shift, Left mouse button, and select Insert from Bin - select the name you just made. The whole group of keyframes is inserted right at that point in the timeline. You do need to make sure the cursor is over the spline in the Graph Editor and not just in the blank area or it will not come up with the same options in the menu.

This is a very quick method for copying and pasting groups of keyframes, and they can also be applied to other channels as well.

edrussell
11-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the reply! I'll try that.

What I'd really like to know is what happened to the "copy/paste keys" button that was available in the graph editor panel in past versions of lightwave.

Oh well...

Thanks again!

Dodgy
11-13-2003, 03:23 AM
You can now use copy/paste (ctrl-c/ctrl-v) time slice for copying a slice of the time line. Alternatively, you can multiselect the keys you want to copy, and ctrl-RMB drag them, and they'll make new keys where you drop them....