PDA

View Full Version : Shifting keyframes in the scene editor

ppuntt
05-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know a fast way to shift keyframes from multiple objects in the scene editor? So without selecting the keys from every single object and manualy shifting them.

See image ...

Thx.

Simon-S
05-23-2013, 09:44 AM
Not sure about in the scene editor but you can do it in the timeline.

If you multi select you objects and expand the timeline upwards you get the keyframe editor/timeline. Click and drag on the upper timeline to select multiple keyframes and then you can drag them around. (make sure you start dragging with your cursor over a selected keyframe or you'll deselect)

ppuntt
05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Hello Simon-S, thx for the answer.

But I don't just want to move multiple objects at once. I want to shift the keyframes as show in the attached image.

Lewis
05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
In NEW Scene Editor go in Dope editor and you can paint select (hold LMB and drag) and move them or with RMB there is various commands for offset and gaps/insert keye etc etc.

ppuntt
05-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Hello Lewis,

I know (and use) all RMB options. But I want to "skew" mutliple keyframes from multiple object at once.

If I use numeric offset, I still have to do it for every single object... For example, if I want to "pop up" 100 trees with a small time offset I still have to select every single line of keyframes, so 100 times ...

Ryan Roye
05-30-2013, 07:54 AM
IKBooster can do this for you.

-Make sure parent in place is off, then create a null in your scene and enable IKBooster on it. Set IKbooster to child mode (via the pulldown menu in the lower left corner).

-Child every object in your scene to this null.

-Select the null, and use the IKBooster track (the transparent grey bar) to shift all keyframes in the entire scene left or right... if you click somewhere on the grey bar and create a "marker", you can isolate your keyframe shifting to either side of that marker.

When done, you can unparent all your objects and delete the null if desired. Note that this will not work on envelopes of any kind... only on things that reside in 3d space.

You can of course do keyframe shifting via IKBooster for single objects as well, but this is the method I use if I want to shift the keyframes of the *entire* scene around.

ppuntt
06-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Cool !

Thx chazriker!

ppuntt
06-05-2013, 02:44 AM
Hello chazriker,

Thx for the input regarding the IKBooster workflow. I did not know about this workflow for moving keyframes.

Although I does not do what I want. I don't want to move the specific keyframes the same amount off frames. I want to "skew" the keyframes. So all the selected keyframes have a time offset regarding the previous object.

So every object has a time delay, and not al the same.

See my original image posted.

pinkmouse
06-05-2013, 05:27 AM
Isn't there a motion modifier that does that?

BeeVee
06-05-2013, 11:04 AM
I want to "skew" the keyframes. So all the selected keyframes have a time offset regarding the previous object.

So every object has a time delay, and not al the same.

See my original image posted.

Follow what Lewis suggested in post #4 in this thread.

B

Ryan Roye
06-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Isn't there a motion modifier that does that?

For staggered animation across many objects, you need to utilize something like relativity.

attached is an example scene: 114752 You can manipulate the white box and all of the orange boxes will follow suit in a staggered manner. In this case, I utilized Dr. Follower and hit the "use object extension for follow delay" option.

The thing to note here is that you need a motion baker if you wish to re-gain control of the objects that are controlled via motion modifiers (I highly recommend MentalFish's motion baker)

In this specific case, I recommend motion modifiers when you're dealing with a lot of objects, and doing it by hand when you are only dealing with a few.

Areyos Alektor
06-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Lewis and BeeVee, should just add a right click. You can also help you with the Selection Sets.