PDA

View Full Version : Immortel : the teaser

julos
11-10-2003, 06:03 AM
The new Enki Bilal movie, it looks promising :

http://www.cinemovies.fr/fiche_multimedia.php?IDfilm=1452

I have absolutly no idea if Lightwave was used or not, but i think it's Duran Duboi that worked on the movie so maybe...

CB_3D
11-10-2003, 08:29 AM
That has got to be my favourite comic book of all times, and now the original creator makes it into a 3d movie, oh my gaaaawd!!!

The charactermodels donīt look as good as the original drawings, which had very pronounced muscles and contours. Anyone who knows Bilalīs drawingstyle will know what i mean.

Maybe low poly standins for the teaser?!

Either way, canīt wait to see this puppy. Given the voice actors thereīs some serious money behind this movie, so i expect that i wonīt be dissapointed...visually.

Also, Bilal already has some experience with theaterplays and characterdriven movies, so hopefully ths will be the gem i suspect it to be.

Max, Maya, Lightwave or XSI...I donīt care.

PS:Did i say i canīt wait to see this movie??:D :D

julos
11-10-2003, 08:53 AM
i had news from a guy who worked on it :

Modeling : Maya / Lightwave
Animation: Maya
Particules: Maya (for objects animated) Lightwave for special effects
Rendering: Lightwave
+ plug or inhouse soft.

CB_3D
11-10-2003, 09:56 AM
A shame i didnīt know about this. Would have loved to work on that piece. Thx for the heads up!

Tonton1
11-10-2003, 10:34 AM
There will be actors in this film, on a digital background (read so in a interview with Bilal). I think only the god characters will be 3D.
He has made two other films, Bunker Palace Hotel and Tykho Moon. I've seen them and the problem with Bilal is that he directs like he draws. And what may be good on paper doesn't necessarely make a good film, IMHO.

CB_3D
11-10-2003, 12:59 PM
On the net? The interview, i mean. if so, link :-)

Tonton1
11-10-2003, 11:34 PM
No, in a magazine. It was an interview about his latest comic book. There was a sidenote on his film, saying it was being finished. It's shot in English. With Linda Hardy (ex-miss France and TV host if I remember correctly) and Charlotte Rampling.

julos
02-25-2004, 04:08 AM
A better trailer : http://immortel-lefilm.com/#

CB_3D
02-25-2004, 05:59 AM
Ok, after seeing the stills i take everything back about the character models looking bad. This puppy looks sweet!!