PDA

View Full Version : Genoma Issues

Richard Hebert
05-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm having problems using Genoma's preset rigs. When I add a rig in modeler and paste it in the mesh layer, I send this layer to Layout and click Create Rig. Layout tells me that only one skelegon was found and no bones are created within the mesh. Has anybody else run up against this? Thanks for any thoughts.

Richard

Richard Hebert
05-23-2013, 02:25 AM
Apparently, a subD mesh has to be frozen first before sending the genoma rig layer to Layout. Is this supposed to work this way or is this a bug?

Richard

UnCommonGrafx
05-23-2013, 04:48 AM
No, it doesn't and isn't.

Something in your process seems amiss.

Students have gotten reliable rigs, but not able to update them via the button, with the following process on a mac:
- Mesh in layer 1 and genoma rig on two for placement of limbs et al;
- Save and then save incremental (This is my quirk.);
- Cut the rig from layer two and place it in layer 1 (It may help to be in polygon mode);
- Send to layout;
- Make it a single viewport of the bounding-box kind;
- Delete layer two. If you don't, the program will remind you that two objects aren't allowed in the scene...;
- Create rig.

That's been like a Mantra since February.

Spinland
05-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Just adding my endorsement for the above advice. Follow his steps carefully and that should eliminate most issues with creating rigs. Pay especial attention to not having more than one layer in the Modeler file when you send it over.

Simon-S
05-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I had some problems with sub d models. A quick fix for me was to toggle subpatch off before running the genoma create rig - then toggle back once its complete.

Richard Hebert
05-23-2013, 02:03 PM
The model was a human figure on a single layer. I applied the genoma preset without adjustments to the rig (only for test purposes) and then sent the single layer model to layout. When creating the rig no skelegons (except 1) were found. I'm going to give Simon-S tip a go and see if this doesn't resolve the issue. I followed the steps in Lino's video tutorial and it didn't mention any fancy tap dancing but...? I appreciate the tips. One of them is bound to work out. Will find out later tonight.

Richard

Richard Hebert
05-24-2013, 02:10 AM
For what it's worth, I think the problem may have stemmed from not going to bounding box view when creating the rig. Lino's video tut mentioned that not going to that view would take more time to create the rig but he didn't mention that it also might cause issues with complex rigs. I realize that I'm a Day Late and a Dollar Short on this but thanks for the input all the same guys.

Richard

Spinland
05-24-2013, 07:24 AM
That definitely causes problems. Glad you seem to have it sorted now!