PDA

View Full Version : Possible ugly bug in 11.5 VPR?

Hail
05-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or an expected behavior but VPR never stops rendering if Virtual Studio Live is on.
Anyone else noticed this or I'm alone in the pool?

MSherak
05-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Not sure if this is a bug or an expected behavior but VPR never stops rendering if Virtual Studio Live is on.
Anyone else noticed this or I'm alone in the pool?

Think that is the point of it.

Ztreem
05-21-2013, 05:29 PM
I've noticed the same behavior and it doesn't feel like feture more like a bug.

tcoursey
05-22-2013, 12:13 PM
not sure what you mean. When VPR is "on" it continues to refine the image (at least to its' thresholds) That is expected behavior I believe. How VS comes into play not sure, haven't messed with that yet.

Ztreem
05-22-2013, 04:00 PM
not sure what you mean. When VPR is "on" it continues to refine the image (at least to its' thresholds) That is expected behavior I believe. How VS comes into play not sure, haven't messed with that yet.

Yes, that's all fine. But if you activate the live button vpr almost never refines the image to the set threshold. Imagine the first iteration of a vpr render the one with very big pixels, it stays that way even if you don't do anyting. It should start to refine the image with smaller and smaller pixels.

dwburman
05-22-2013, 07:46 PM
You could try lowering the fps setting in the VPR options.

Ztreem
05-23-2013, 03:44 AM
Here's a screen capture of the behavior.

I would like it to behave like this, when I do nothing it should refine to finest possible image, but now it only stands flickering.
I can get it to refine the image if I click and hold the mouse pointer over a window and move that window around, feels a little odd to me.

Maybe this is a feature of the live button, but as that's the only way to get displacement to react in realtime it's annoying that it not behaves like the normal VPR without the live button activated.

UnCommonGrafx
05-23-2013, 04:00 AM
How does it work with draft mode off?

As I understand it, draft mode off gives you the same resolution as the camera for vpr to resolve to.

Cool test.

dee
05-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I've noticed the same VPR behavior when adding DP Pixelfilter and openening the Node Editor window.