PDA

View Full Version : Clone Hierarchy to Instance positions.

MSherak
05-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Could a python script clone a hierarchy to the positions of an instance generator?? (bare with me, just starting to look into python from Lscript)

Looking over the bake_instance.py it basically just makes a null for each position in the instancer and attaches a generator of one to it, and the flag for hierarchy in the generator is not even set if it is a hierarchy.

Basic reason why I am asking, I have some baseball stadiums where I have instanced all the stadium lights in the right places with an instance generator on a null. It has a hierarchy and looks great. Problem it's only geometry and I need the lights that are in the hierarchy to be instanced also and currently LW can't instance lights. In the end I want to use the instance generator just to have them in place for quick rendering. Then bake them to real hierarchy so I can rotate them independent and have the lights which are tied to sliders for controls.

Thanks in advance,
-M

Lewis
05-20-2013, 03:40 PM
I'd like that feature too. I tried to make Luxigons and instance that geometry but sadly ConvertLuxigons doens't work on instances either :(.