PDA

View Full Version : Layout GL unresponsive when Maxwell Render's FIRE is off

slanz
05-20-2013, 08:42 AM
For some reason the layout GL is now unresponsive any movement on the interface turns the geometry to a bounding box display and takes a long time to refresh unless I have Maxwell Render's FIRE open, then everything works normally. Another problem is that when MR-FIRE is running, and I clear the scene, Layout crashes or if I turn FIRE off the whole window goes black and I have to restart Layout.
If anyone has seen this problem or has any advise it will be greatly appreciated.

jwiede
05-20-2013, 05:19 PM
What version of Maxwell and of Maxwell LW plugin are you using? Also, on what platform?

3dworks
05-21-2013, 01:40 AM
best is to post also on the maxwell forums - there is a dedicated LW plugin section. usually, the developer will answer your questions within short time.

direct link: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=102

you need to be registered to access the forums.

cheers

markus

PS. see now you did already so! thanks :)

Lewis
05-21-2013, 02:06 AM
I didn't see such problems with Maxwell 2.7.x i tested recently. Worked quite good actually.

slanz
05-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Thanks, I'm using LW 11.5 with Maxwell LW plugin V.2.7.6 on an iMac OSX 10.8.3 with 32GB RAM & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX.
Did post on the Maxwell forum, Thanks.
Not 100% sure it's Maxwell fault, but I know the screen refresh works with MW-FIRE open, VPR does refresh normally even with FIRE closed.
It was working fine before, so not sure if something changed with the GL settings

3dworks
05-21-2013, 11:02 AM
the whole screen turning black seems to be related to the opengl - colorspace bug in LW 11.5. try to uncheck 'color correct opnengl' in preferences/CS. this should fix it.

clearing the scene while FIRE is running crashes here as well.

as for the other issues, i cannot reproduce them here. they might be related to the nvidia card. is this the mac edition card from evga? i've seen there was a driver update for this card very recently, did you try the new drivers? please keep us updated if this did fix the issues. as for the CS bug, we most likely have to wait for the next bugfix release from NT.

cheers

markus

PS: link for nvidia driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.01f03-driver.html

slanz
05-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks Markus, the color correct opengl pref did correct the black screen. Thanks.