PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Collaborators

DigiLusionist
11-10-2003, 12:18 AM
Seeking a LW CHARACTER MODELER and a LW MODELER and a CHARACTER ANIMATOR

To collaborate on the pilot for a Children's 3D animated concept called, "Gossamer the Enchanted Village." This show is geared to children ages 3-6 years old.

NOTE: This is presently a zero budget project. Participants will work on spec for equity. The pilot will be presented to the top Children's programming distributors for future investment. Therefore, we will have contracts from the beginning.

I am creating the script in conjunction with the director of the Child Development Department at San Diego State University.

The music is being composed by a professional composer who has done a lot of Disney movies and television shows.

I need one person to model toony characters with lots of personality (stylized, not realistic. But can be semi-realistic, caracaturish).

Also need another artist to model the sets and props for the pilot episode. The environment will be toony, as well.

Need a character animator to help me with rigging and animating the characters, as well as doing lip synch.

Interested folks, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
I will send the established team (after NDAs are signed) a plot synopsis and some concept art. Then, the finished script.

THANKS!

Matt
11-10-2003, 02:36 AM
Dude!!! You can't call a Childrens character Gossamer!!!! :)

They're a brand of condom in the UK!!!

http://www.the-vibe.com/durex-gossamer-condoms-(12-pack).html

Unless that's the idea!!!

Thought you might want to be aware that's all!

:)

Matt

DigiLusionist
11-10-2003, 08:41 AM
Well... At least I can market it as safe, protected viewing for kids...

Matt
11-10-2003, 08:46 AM
:)

DigiLusionist
11-12-2003, 02:47 PM
A team is shaping up.

Need to add a modeler or two who can create fantasy world-like settings (giant mushroom cottage, old English village buildings, gnarled trees, etc with painterly textures).

mattbolton
11-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Did you get my email Monday?

DigiLusionist
11-12-2003, 08:23 PM
Yes, and I'm sending you a reply now...

kevman3d
11-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Cool! This sounds almost like what I do as a job! :)

I'd love to help too, but to be totally honest I have enough problem finding time to my own personal stuff let alone other peoples stuff ...And then I spend more time online discussing my time management issues then solving them! :D

But good luck - Sounds like a fun project! :)

Hiraghm
11-13-2003, 09:41 AM
I just created a mushroom cottage. Haven't finished it yet, it turned out not to match the scene I was working on (so I'm going to create a scene to match it...)

riki
11-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Hey Digi, I'm not sure if I have time, but give me a yell if you get desperate. Do you have any pix to show the kind of look your after?

DigiLusionist
11-13-2003, 08:54 PM
Hiraghm, I've seen the mushroom cottage you started. That's the type of architectural style we will be going for. Sort of Hobbiton meets Thomas Kincade (the painter), with a little Lilliput Lane thrown in.

riki, that would be great! I'll e-mail you some images I found on galleries that represent the style we're going for.

Thanks, guys! A number of you have already contacted me, and I am blown away that you're some of the really gooooood artists, too!

DigiLusionist
11-14-2003, 04:26 AM
riki, is that [email protected]?

riki
11-14-2003, 07:02 AM
Eeeeeeeeeer plsss no spam bots :) yep that's my email address. Anything at suture.net or suture.org will come to me.

DigiLusionist
11-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Sending the borg now... Resistance is futile, riki...