PDA

View Full Version : My Surface Editor presets have disappeared.

Spinland
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
The folder is where it should be, but calling up the presets window shows a blank. I cannot find where to re-point it, there is no Paths tab in any of the preferences panels. Nuking all Preferences and starting over doesn't help.

Running 11.5 on a Mac, any ideas how I can get my presets back?

Many thanks in advance.

jwiede
05-20-2013, 12:39 AM
On my Mac, with 11.5, the Preset path is set in Prefs->Paths (tab) about halfway down field called "Presets" (with them in different folders underneath by type). Are you saying you no longer have that field present, nor any Paths tab at all? That sounds like your configs are pretty broken, have you tried creating a Preferences dir (or renaming existing and creating a new one) inside the 11.5 dir in order to ensure you have clean configs?

Spinland
05-20-2013, 06:10 AM
I can't find a Paths tab at all in the Preferences panel, and this is happening on both of my Macs. Creating a fresh Preferences folder and new configs doesn't help. Attached is a screenshot of what I see when I select Preferences from the menu.

Spinland
05-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Okay, this might be operator cluelessness. That screenshot is from the Modeler preferences panel. I just looked at the Layout panel and there's a Paths tab there. I was trying to surface my model in Modeler.

Thanks.