PDA

View Full Version : Sketch and Modeling

Dick Ma
11-09-2003, 10:25 PM
Err.... I don't know how to express....

When I was in secondary school I practice watercolor drawings....(I mean vegetables and landscapes,wow!)

But when I start my 3D creations, I don't do a sketch at all... because my drawing skills going backward due to not practice drawing for 6 to 7 years.

a little mouse is my main drawing tool now, I just think LW is a digital clay that I can make everything I want in my mind, I feel satisfied what I've done using the modeler. Or even in my animation, I only concern How the characters act in Layout, Without having a storyboard, (another wow!) Actually the story is strong in my mind and I have no problem about how the story goes.

Well, is it a problem for entering into the industry due to I cannot present any sketch? Or is it an obstacle to present myself when I was in the studio, Or just keep finish the animation and thats it, they will know the workflow behind by looking at the animation, may be I can just show some test renders?

Nemoid
11-10-2003, 06:52 AM
I don't see this as a real prob if you're going to seek a job as a 3D artist, modeler or animator and if your work is good. being able to draw can help a lot for storyboarding, char design, and other things, but if you have no probs on making a good job without these aids there's no reason to draw a lot.you're drawing with 3D.
doing some drawing in the spare time, even after all those years can be fun however !:)