PDA

View Full Version : Updated Live Text problem

cameraman91569
05-18-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm sure it's something simple, but when I updated LiveText to 2.12 the permissions were changed and I can't save my files in the stats plugins folder for TEXT input. So now when I try to save a simple txt file, it won't let me because I don't have permission. I'm in the middle of a telethon that I was updating the totals using that, but now I can't.

Anyone have any idea what's happened and how to fix it?

Thanks for the help!

Brad Jones

adebats
05-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Make sure you are running in administrator mode either livetext or the software that is creating g the txt file

kanep
05-19-2013, 09:00 AM
The folder called 'Text Input' and is located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins'. (If running on 32-bit Windows, it will just be 'Program Files')

Right click on it and choose properties. In the window, click on the Security tab and add 'Everyone' with 'Full Control' permissions and that should open it up to allow anyone to write/edit files in that folder. If you are sharing over the network, make sure you set the correct permissions in the 'Sharing' tab.

cameraman91569
05-28-2013, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah I figured that one out over the weekend, but appreciate your help! Thanks for the detailed info Kanep!