PDA

View Full Version : The Friday Challange - LiveText Scrolling Text with Graphics

adebats
05-17-2013, 09:48 AM
OK - please save me hours someone - A virtual beer for the first to solve this for me.

Scrolling text with graphics - We have build a little app collecting tweets for a certain hashtag and want to put in a graphic between each message. The messages are of course a variable length though so I was going to populate variables tweet1,tweet2,tweet3 etc.

I don't think what I want to do is actually possible as the position of the next variable is fixed and not based on the previous messages and the only way to do this is to have one great big long message with spaces inserted between messages and then just throw the odd twitter logo just above.

Thanks experts

adebats
05-22-2013, 10:53 AM
mmm Virtual beers not enough - solved it by writing our own flash based ticker and a twitter load software so I'm ok now... not that anyone was losing sleep over this post :)

GeekNews
05-23-2013, 01:04 AM
mmm Virtual beers not enough - solved it by writing our own flash based ticker and a twitter load software so I'm ok now... not that anyone was losing sleep over this post :)

Is it for sale?

adebats
05-23-2013, 05:24 AM
mmmm interesting idea - I don't see why not really. It's a very simple app that works via XML

A bit of sample XML that drives the ticker is below

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Tickers padding="16" separator="" textColour="0xffffff" bgimage="blue.png">
<text id="85140"><![CDATA[<font face="din" color="#FFFFFF"><b>Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/themilkraceuk</b></font>]]></text>
<image id="269441">facebook.jpg</image>

<text id="85140"><![CDATA[<font face="din" color="#FFFFFF"><b>Registrations are now open for the public rides at the #themilkrace cycling event on Sunday 26 May! http://bit.ly/12WQGyw</b></font>]]><![CDATA[<font face="din" color="#FFFF00"><b>:My Nottingham</b></font>]]></text>
<image id="269441">twitter.png</image>
</Tickers>

ZachSchuster
05-23-2013, 01:19 PM
I thought he was asking if the virtual beers were for sale.

adebats
05-23-2013, 03:27 PM
:beerchug: haha - all free here and proper stuff - I did find it amazing to find Bass from my home town selling in New York :)